Photobucket

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Double Pathlogy?

salam to all
SubhanAllah, alhamdulillah, Allahuakhbar!

Alhamdulillah, my oncall was uneventful. MasyaAllah.

I was browsing through a BHT at the counter; about 8 pm yesterday when suddenly a realtive of a patient ran up to me, " Makcik sakit dada!!"

Ya Allah..

I ran (thanks to my sporty shoes) to the patient. She was tachypneic. "Makcik..tunjuk dengan jari sakit kat mana?" she pinted straight to her epigastric area. Sakit sampai ke mana? She showed her back.

I thought of pancretitis in the first place. but she was sweating, nauseating. Allah...dun tell me she has heart attack?

GTN given. Pain is relieved quite a bit. Blood taken for serum amylase, RBS, FBC, ABG, serum Ca, Cardiac enzymes, LFT stat.

abdome soft, tenderness over epigastrium.

amylase came back with a stunning 5400!! Ya Allah that is sky high raised amylase!!

impression: acute pancreatitis with underlying IHD.

alhamdulillah for quick help of partner on call in blood taking.

This morning, her pain increasing...sent to ICU

May Allah helps her.......amin

No comments:

Post a Comment