Photobucket

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Death is so.....near.



Assalamualaikum wbt
SubhanAllah, alhamdulillah, Allahuakhbar!

Again, i lost into tears.

Death is so near, yet we are blinded.

It was an eventful night shift with three patients collapsed at the same time. I was bagging a patient when my phone rang. One more needs rapid attention. Allah, im almost lost for breath.

Family members stood by, reciting the Yaasin while her mother says repeatedly the beautiful syahadah. I closed my eyes for a moment; with the same event kept lingering in my mind.

I repeatedly whispered the syahadah to my dad; a person so dear to me. He was sedated and unconscious; breathing with the help of machine. I rarely expresssed my love for him. I wanted him to know how much i love him all the while. Th patient's face turned dark; the same appearance of my late father. I almost broke into tears..

On the next day, a patient turned restless all of a sudden. His blood pressure was coming down; i knew in mind that he was deteriorating. I inserted CVP and apologized repeatedly for having to do so; as i knew that the branulla is large and it is painful. I stared at his face and again; and again im reminded of my late father.

My late father passed away peacefully in the ICU alongside his beloved family members. He collapsed all of a sudden. Allah certainly loves him more.

Ya Allah, may we be true believers till our last breath. La ilaha illallah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment